Thursday, July 15, 2010

Le Creuset & CSN Review

Oh it came! And boy am I happy!
I've received a Cobalt blue Le Creuset batter bowl and a kiwi green au gratin dish to review from CSNstores.com

So here goes nothing:The Le Creuset 2 Qrt batter bowl

Looks *****
Functionality ****
Durability ***

The Le Creuset batter bowl is beautiful. It has a pleasing shape and the colours are vibrant and stunning. It makes me happy cooking with it, however... it can be quite heavy when full of batter and hard to use in one hand. If you were to drop this, I'm sure the handle at least would break off. But the lip is beautiful for pouring pancake batter and maybe this beauty will inspire me to make smaller servings all around.
Le Creuset Au Gratin dish

Looks *****
Functionality *****
Durability ******

This little guy is a keeper. Beautiful colour, goes from freezer to over to table. Perfect size for individual anythings! I'm collecting these, I want all of the colours. I like to use them just for holding snacks are finger foods. Crackers and cheese! I think if dropped the au gratin dish would stay in one piece.

CSNStores.com
Website appearance ***
Customer Service *****
Search engine ***
Products carried *****

I was impressed with the wide assortment of products to be found on CSN. I did find that the search engine wasn't being very thorough however, things I'd find whilst browsing would not come up in keyword searches. They have good prices and even a price matching program where you can send another online price you've found from their competition and they'll meet or beat it, which is cool. They carry many brands I like, ones not normally found online too.
I found the website overwhelming, too many things and the layout looked scattered. I didn't like the colour scheme, it didn't make it feel together, you know? The Customer service however was really good, I see that's where their money has gone.
I would have liked to be able to choose USPS shipping, though maybe it wasn't available due to the weight of my order... see next review for details.

FED-EX
Branding *****
Customer Service *
Dedication to getting you your package ZERO

If you live in an apartment building (like millions of people do!) ordering from Fed Ex can be a real pain. Unless you have a doorman. I do not. They attempted to deliver my CSN order 3 times. The first time they left a note - no name or apt number on the thing. The second time there was a name, and the 3rd time there was an exclamation mark. If you live in an apartment, what's the likeliness of being at home during the day? Well, even after contacting them after the 2nd try and asking them to call a different apartment and the manager when they arrived, none of that happened. They told me I could pay $25 to have it routed to another address. Ummm, no? In the end I had to reroute it to my work address, I should have known better, but I thought that was their job... anyhow. The prompt delivery promised by CSN was therefore not fulfilled due to the lack of dilligence displayed by Fed Ex. So, CSN, perhaps you should investigate UPS or USPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment