Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Experimenting with fabric

I am currently taking part in Bree of Me and my 2 guys's International Fat Quarter swap. I'm super excited to be swapping with Viv from the Yukon (Canada) and Daisy from Portugal (any Arrested Development fans out there wondering if that's in South America? It's not).
So, I want to do something special for them and lately I've been experimenting with block printing, so, fingers crossed for me that something works out. I can't post photos as I want to surprise them, but photos to come, I promise!

In other blogger news, Mo Bedell of Lime Gardenias has printed her first line of fabric and fabric in hand she is now going to give some away. It's really cute and good for sweet little girl dresses (as you can see on her blog). I have few little girls in my life, so for me I'd like to make a skirt, or perhaps a bag. Anyhow, bottom line, I like it. So had over and enter to win. Even if you don't like it, you can send it to me when you win :)
Here are some photos of the fabric from Mo's blog:

Last but not least - I am intent on keeping up with Sew, Mama, Sew's June theme "Make it - Wear it" - this month is all about clothing. So I've started simple - jammy shorts for the boys because it's mighty hot in So Cal and we do not have central air conditioning.
Happy Wednesday!!!

4 comments:

  1. those little guys do look pretty cute in their jammies.
    There is so much fabric love floating around at the moment I'm sad I can't be in every swap group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jammie shorts! And thanks for the fabric giveaway site! I entered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to make some jammie shorts for my two boys- that's a great summer project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on the Sew, Mama, Sew pool, and they're adorable. I bet your boys love them. Did you use a pattern, or did you draft their design yourself? They look like they fit really well over the bum and they look so comfy. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete